Thursday, April 29, 2010

God: Now Hiring

I am soon to be leaping into the career unknown, shifting from my J-O-B to Full Time living the vocation of my dreams (my glamorous and exciting calling as a speaker, writer, coach, and performer)!!!  This is huge and amazing and super scary as well.  Sometimes I'm immersed in such faith and trust that I feel as if could walk a tight rope across the Long Island Sound, balancing babies on my head.  Other moments, I feel ready to curl up in a ball and see if McDonald's is hiring.

 Yesterday, I was walking to the gym and I glanced at a sign that said Gap: Now Hiring.  I chuckled to myself and mumbled, "It's only a block away from my apartment, maybe I should go in and check it out."

Suddenly, new, shimmering words flashed across my line of vision: GOD: NOW HIRING...

I stopped dead in my tracks, smiled up at the blue spring sky, and said, "I hear you, I hear you."  When God speaks, whether it is with words, actions, or symbols like the sign that I saw, I am going to listen.

God is hiring, taking applications for our Divine birthright, asking us to claim our calling, our life purpose.  There are no interviews, because the Divine knows us as Her own.  We are one and the same.  The job turnover rate is 0% because once we are living our life's work, we are in the flow, co-manifesting magic and miracles with every breath we take.  There is no reason to run.  No reason to hide.  No reason to have it all "figured out" yet.

God: Now Hiring...The BEST BOSS EVER!!!  And the benefits like peace, non-judgement, fulfillment, wholeness, and unconditional love cannot be beat.

God: Now Hiring...sign up now or sign up later.  It's my choice.  It's your choice.  I choose Now. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH -- What a POTENT message. I LOOOVE this. I found your blog link from the Dream Boogie forum, learning that this is your first post in a while.
This post has spoken to me so strongly. I am in total agreement. I also waffle from considering those local "now hiring" signs.

I am quite happy having GOD for my boss. God IS the BEST boss - you are always enough - no torturous job reviews to survive, no hiring freezes, no layoffs. I am always ENOUGH for God. God LOVES my portfolio, and encourages me always to meet my DIVINE potential.

Blessings to you, Sexy Soul!

Unknown said...

Following you from SARK's Dream Boogie. Great Job on your Micromovements.

Love your post and flash of intuition. GOD: Now Hiring!!! WOW!

Fatma XO

Molls said...

CORA!! I LOVE IT! The image of you walking a tight rope with babies on your head is fabulous and makes me giggle!! You could totally do it! :) Not that I'm offering any babies to try with!

PS. you are so spot on when it comes to the benefits of a Devine "Boss"!!! My insides are dancing in non-judgemental wholeness and unconditional love!!

Hovig said...

George Burns said "the secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending and to have the two as close together as possible."

In a blog post that would be about a 3 minute sermon, you have captured the essence of a wonderful and inspirational idea. Thank you for this boost for the day! :)

On a side note: Molly, I need you to come back to NYC ASAP because it is the only time Cora finds time to meet me. lol.

Anonymous said...

Cora-

I have to say thank you. Really, thank you so much. This articulates exactly what I have done and it further reaffirms to me that I am OK.... I have been buying into others judgment of me doing the 'wrong' thing. Thank you.

AMC said...

Very lovely post. What a wonderful notion! I believe that God can use any method She chooses to communicate with us. The song that comes on, the movie you "happen" to see, the stranger you overhear. Keep going with your blog. You have much to share! Can't wait to hear more.