Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SOULMATE

“You are your own soulmate”

These words came to me
on the elliptical in a Costa Rican gym
how completely random
YET the true answer to all my questions

How long have I been searching
for wholeness
traveling, journeying, connecting
outside of myself

Looking for that missing piece
that extra assurance
that I was a Child of God
a person of worth

Wondering if it was really my husband
or a guru or a deep friendship, almost romantic
that provided this Soulmate role.

She was inside me all along
This Soulmate

And suddenly this action of “finding myself”
transforms into something that can only be described
as a Homecoming.

A coming home to myself, God, my true Soulmate

And I cried as I loved myself
for the first time

Finally, I accepted me, all of me, the Prodigal Daughter
Wrapped in my own embrace and God’s light

I cried

and came Home.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Cora,
Tender, loving and soulful ... you touched my being!
Love to you,
Michael